Mastermind Club Quiz
Questions set by Les Morrell
1. Which river passes through Madrid?
2. On which exact date was the Lusitania sunk?
3. Who fouled Bobby Moore in the 1966 FIFA World Cup Final leading to the award of the free kick which set up Hurst's first goal?
4. Who first coined the phrase "ignorance is bliss"?
5. In ten pin bowling what are three strikes in a row called?
6 Which New Testament Gospel book is not considered synoptic?
7. 10 previous winners were in the draw for the 2016/2017 F.A.Cup First Round, name 7 of them.
8. Who in 1955 became the last woman to be hanged in the UK?
9. The games at which Shropshire village were studied by De Coubertin and partially inspired the modern Olympics?
10. Mr Tulkinghorn appears in which Dickens' novel?
11. In which month of 1939 did the Spanish Civil War end?
12. In the epic 2010 Wimbledon match between John Isner and Nicolas Mahut, how many games were played in total?
13. Who wrote Death in Venice?
14 Whose death was caused by falling off the Lady Ghislaine and drowning in 1991?
15. What is the state capital of North Dakota?
16. Which is the largest lizard on earth?
17. With a population of c 325000 which city is Lithuania's second largest?
18. 1 .2 ,3 ,6 ,28- what number comes next in this sequence?
19 Who is Shirley Williams' famous mother?
20. In which bar of the Rover's Return, Coronation St did Ena Sharples, Minnie Caldwell and Martha Longhurst regularly drink?