Mastermind Club Quiz 2017
Questions set by Mel Kinsey
A set of questions with a Railway theme
1. Which rail station has a record 67 platforms?
2. Who was the famous passenger on 'the sealed train' in 1917?
3. In which cities would one find the following railway stations?
a. Casa Voyageurs
e. Penn Station
f. Gare du Nord
4. On what is Mr. Ratchett, or Cassetti, murdered?
5. In song, who serves on the Danville train?
6. The three worst rail accidents in terms of passenger deaths occured on the following days. Name the countries. (the dates may help your train
a. Dec 26, 2004
b. June 6, 1981
c. Dec 12, 1917
7. What was 'hobo' singer Lecil Travis Martin's stage name?
8. With a train passing through every 13 seconds during peak hours, which railway station has the most traffic in the world?
9. In a Burt Bacharach song, what "took you away, away from me"?
10. The following words are from which 'train' songs?
a. Train whistle blowing, makes a sleepy noise, underneath the blankets, go all the girls and boys
b. Wrong way on a one way track
c. She sent me a railroad ticket to take me to her lovin arms
d. He takes me to a movie or to a restaurant
e. Pick up my bag, run to the station, railman says you got the wrong location
f. Then it comes to be that soothing light at the end of the tunnel is just a freight train coming your way
g. Down around the corner half a mile from here
h. You know I'm loaded, railroaded, I'm explosive, I'm a locomotive
i. Get your bags together, go bring your good friends too
j. The next stop we make will be England
k. When I was young I spent my summer days playing on the track
l. Look a yonder comin
m. And the sons of Pullman porters and the sons of engineers ride their fathers magic carpets made of steel