Set by Mel Kinsey
1. The name of which country means "The Shallows"?
2. What common factor links actors Ian McKellen, Julie Walters, Humphrey Bogart and Miley Cyrus?
3. What name is given to the traditional Alpine women's costume notable for its close-fitting bodice?
4. The Koran is divided into 114 sections – what are these known as?
5. What was the name of the Smurfs' evil nemesis?
6. Which US state's official nickname is the Show-Me State?
7. Although he and his wife were too afraid to use it, US President Benjamin Harrison was the first to install what in the White
8. Which Premier League club has the motto "Superbia in Proelia" ("Pride in Battle") on their crest?
9. "Let us join in a cohort / We are ready to die" are lines from the chorus of which country's national anthem?
10. Granadilla is another name for which fruit?
11. Which Caribbean-born British author wrote the novels Voyage in the Dark and Wide Sargasso Sea?
12. What pasta sauce derives its name from the Italian word for angry?
13. An attack on Nancy Kerrigan orchestrated by the ex-husband of her rival, Tonya Harding, sent a shockwave through which sport in
14. The Hindenburg Disaster occurred when a German Zeppelin airship tried to dock at Lakehurst Naval Air Station in which US
15. Pudong, meaning "east bank", is the financial district of which city?
16. Who presented four series of television's The Hotel Inspector between 2005 and 2008?
17. Which semi-precious mineral is also known as Derbyshire Spar?
18. Jack Kerouac, Wiilliam S.Burroughs and Allen Ginsberg were pioneers of which literary movement?
19. Which was Britain's first National Park?
20. In the book Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe, where exactly was Moll Flanders born?
21. Where would you find the mountain range Maxwell Montes?
22. Its a system, that to some harmonizes the surrounding environment, but what is the literal meaning of the Chinese phrase Feng
23. Which group of islands consists of the main islands of St.Croix, St.John and St.Thomas?
24. Which very tough, hard, and stable mineral, is a nine on the Moh's scale of hardness?
25. If 'nano' is a unit prefix meaning 'one billionth', what unit prefix in the metric system denotes 'one
26. In September 2016, Cardiff city centre 'gave way to magic and invention' to celebrate the centenary of the birth of which famous
27. Which German philosopher. a leading figure in modern philosophy, wrote The Critique of Pure Reason?
28. Which island, off the coast of Alaska, is the second largest island in the United States?
29. 'A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte' is a famous 1884 painting by which artist? And the painting is a leading
example of which technique?
30. In February 2015, 400 people turned up to demonstrate when President Lisa Wehden invited Marine Le Pen to speak in which
31. Which country joined the EU in 2013 and was the first new EU member state since Bulgaria and Romania joined in 2007?
32. What is the third largest cat species after the Tiger and the Lion?
33. Superintendent Mr.Gradgrind open which Dickens novel with the line, "Now, what I want is, facts"?
34. Who was the third man to walk on the moon?
35. What name is given to the elevated region of mountains and plateau's in the middle of southern France, that covers 15 percent of the
36. Parts of the space research satellite Skylab fell to earth in 1979 close to which Australian city?
37. Which word, often associated with sport, is an ancient Roman or Greek measurement of about 185 metres?
38. The middle name of Amerian track legend Jesse Owen, is also the name of an American city - what is it?
39. Which British pop group is best known for scoring zero points in the 2003 Eurovision Song Contest in Latvia?
40. Which European capital city has a name that means 'bay of smokes' in English?
41. Which Oxford college was founded by Elizabeth I in 1571 for the education of clergy; it is the only Oxford college to date from
42. What word is used for a hole emmitting gasses or steam in a volcano, and is derived from the Latin for
43. What is the common name of the bird buteo buteo, whose population decreased greatly in the 1950's when rabbits were
decimated by myxomatosis?
44. Which title character from Shakespeare kills characters called Tybalt and Paris?
45. What is the capital city of Armenia?
46. from which country does Cotija cheese originate?
47. In area, which is the 7th largest country in Europe?
48.Who played the main antagonist Le Chiffre in the 21st James Bond film Casino Royale?
49. How are the first 10 amendments to the U.S. Constitution known?
50. Which team won the 2019 Baseball World Series?